The Goals of Academy is:
- To help them do well in their school work.
- To build a strong foundation in English language skills
- To make the children eligible for private school in liaison with parents
- To connect children the right training/opportunities
- To prepare them for University
The key components of the Shiksha Rath Academy:
- 2 hour classes every day – helping the students with their school work.
- English language classes twice a week – conversational English and critical reading.
- Daily meals and snacks for the children.
- Life skills classes – we aim to instruct the children in good hygiene and sanitation practices, in addition to this we teach PSHE (personal, social and health education) and citizenship classes.
- Weekend creative activities – arts and crafts, music and dance.
- Games and sports.
- Medical camp for the children and their families at least three times a year.
- Educational trips within and outside Delhi at least three times a year.
- We are working on starting computer classes to give them technological skills.
- Group and individual counseling.
- Quarterly parents’ evening to consult and cast vision.